Ransomware is one of the most common form of cyber-attacks that is prevalent today. If you are not vigilant enough, it may infect your network before even knowing it. Ransomware will be extremely detrimental for you, whether at the office or at home. This allows criminals to access and encrypt your information while demanding a ransom for you to unlock your device.
To help you avoid ransomware as much as possible, we at Advise IT Solutions, your trusted provider of cybersecurity services, would like to share tips on strengthening network security.
- Use good antivirus software that supports anti-ransomware that uses machine learning or AI. This allows the anti-virus to detect and block most malware before it executes.
- Always have a backup. Never save anything too important within your laptop or computer. Instead, save these data in separate networks. If you are not sure how to do this, our IT services management can help you.
- Be cautious online. Never click aimlessly or without a second thought. Phishing scammers are particularly good at mimicking reputable websites. Their content often ticks emotion or urgency within the victim. As such, look for the “lock” icon before the domain name when accessing websites. This ensures that the site is encrypted and free from malware.
- Educate others and let them know about the importance of cybersecurity.
- Talk to a provider of IT solutions in Moreno Valley, California, such as ours. Enlist the help of a professional and have your network and devices checked regularly.
Managed IT services in Riverside, California is your best bet in strengthening your network from ransomware. Our agency can help with that.
For advanced IT solutions, please feel free to send us a message.