People will respect your time.
- If you constantly say yes to everyone and every request, no one will value your time.
- Everyone will lean on you and no one will respect what you have on your plate.
You can finally do what you need to do.
- If you always do what other people want you to do, when do you have the time to work on your projects?
- Say no more often – not because you aren’t helpful, but because you need time to focus on your work
It will be easier to stay productive.
- Always stopping to help others will seriously halt your productivity
- You’re going, going, going – and then you suddenly have to come to a screeching halt
- You lose momentum, you lose focus, you lose whatever you had going for you
YOU can decide what really matters.
- Once you get good at saying no, you can reevaluate what it means to say yes
- The sooner you do this, the sooner other people will know where your priorities are and when they can step in and ask you for assistance.
- Ask yourself:
- Is it really important?
- Should this matter fall to you?
- Can this person just as easily handle this request?